If you are thinking of ending it, please - read this...

Today is #SuicidePreventionDay. 

I know how it feels to so desperately lose hope that you can’t imagine going on living, and to feel so much of a burden on others that you think your only option is to end the pain, permanently - for yourself, at least. I’ve been in that suicidal place several times through the last decade of my Depression and despair - and was only contemplating ending it all last week...

But, I’ve also been on the other side: and have had to live with the confusion, guilt and utter helplessness after someone I loved took their own life - and though I will never ‘blame’ her for that last act of desperation, I know that it does NOT end the pain: it just transfers it to those who are left.

So I KNOW: suicide is not and never will be the only solution. It is the ultimate and final act of self-harm, and the echoes and repercussions will shatter the lives of those whom you fool yourself into believing you are protecting. 


Before you take that ‘permanent solution to a temporary crisis’, please: at least speak to someone, and get a little clarity. 

Whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. They’re there 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and you can call them for free on 116 123

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No birth, no death

Where have the young witches gone…? #paganpride

Yogi, Buddhist, or Occultist…?